Last Words of the Doctors
- The First Doctor: Keep warm.
- The Second Doctor: No! Stop! You're making me giddy! No, you can't do this to me! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!
- The Third Doctor: A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's... [hope]
- The Fourth Doctor: It's the end. But the moment has been prepared for.
- The Fifth Doctor: I might regenerate. I don't know. Feels different this time...
- The Sixth Doctor: Carrot juice?
- The Seventh Doctor: I've got to stop--!
- The Eighth Doctor: Physician, heal thyself.
- The War Doctor: I hope the ears are a bit less conspicuous this time
- The Ninth Doctor: Before I go, I just want to say you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I!
- The Tenth Doctor: I don't want to go.
Steven Moffat has revealed he always planned to feature Peter Capaldi in The Day of the Doctor.
"It was the plan from the start - all the Doctors… all the Doctors will fly in to save Gallifrey and change the timeline."
"That meant we should have the new one. I knew there was going to be a new one, so I wrote it not knowing who would be doing that [scene]."
"We did manage to cast somebody where you can use less than half his face, for less than a second and everybody knows who it is!"
"It’s just another treat - I was just trying to throw treats at the screen!"
Doctor Who returns on Christmas day (25 December) on BBC One.